2013 DIYRA Annual Meeting Agenda
Post date: Jan 19, 2013 6:23:27 PM
Members of the Dixie Inland Yacht Racing Association:
As I hope you know from our web site, the annual DIYRA meeting will be held Saturday, January 26, 2013 at Privateer Yacht Club in Hixson, TN near Chattanooga. I've attached a copy of the agenda and need to bring to your attention some important items:
- At the 2012 US Sailing Annual meeting in San Francisco, held last November, a major reorganization of US Sailing was approved and implementation began. Our Area D Coordinator, Michael Dawson, will be at our DIYRA meeting and will talk about the reorganization. Some of the implications are apparent, some will be discovered as time goes on. By the way, the title of Area Director was changed to Area Coordinator. Mike is making this effort, please honor his effort with your presence and attention.
- There seem to be significant changes occurring in the traditional US Sailing Championship events, including the elimination (ladder) events. Mike will talk about what he knows and thinks might happen.
- We will have an open discussion about the future directions of DIYRA.
I hope you will be well represented there and your delegates will bring the following:
- Nominations for the Offices of Commodore, Treasurer and Secretary to be elected for the 2013 term. Highly important for the future of DIYRA.
- Consider names of individual for Youth Coordinator, Schedule Coordinator.
- A copy of your event schedule for 2013 to share and coordinate with other member clubs. This includes any training events that might be of interest to others.
- A proposal for hosting the 2013 DIYRA Portsmouth Championships. A copy of the terms of the event is attached.
I'm looking forward to a well attended and lively meeting. We have a lot to discuss.
Carl D. Reigart
Dixie Inland Yacht Racing Association